Ranked seventh in the world, Canada will play to claim one of the last ten tickets to the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games up for grabs in January at the men's and women's continental qualifiers.
Lausanne, Switzerland, October 23, 2019 - The last ten tickets (five per gender) for the volleyball tournament at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games will be punched in January at the continental Tokyo Volleyball Qualification tournaments - and these tournaments are now all set and confirmed.FacebookTwitterInstagramYoutube
One team each from the five men's and five women's continental tournaments will emerge in January to complete the roster of participants in the ultimate global sporting event.
- Africa (January 5-9 in Yaounde, Cameroon): Botswana, Cameroon, Egypt, Kenya, Nigeria.
- Europe (January 7-12 in Apeldoorn, Netherlands): Azerbaijan, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Germany, Netherlands, Poland, Turkey.
- Asia (January 7-12 in Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand): Australia, Indonesia, Iran, Chinese Taipei, Kazakhstan, Korea, Thailand.
- South America (January 7-9 in Bogota, Colombia): Argentina, Colombia, Peru, Venezuela.
- NORCECA (January 10-12 in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic): Canada, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Puerto Rico.
- Europe (January 5-10 in Berlin, Germany): Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Netherlands, Slovenia, Serbia.
- Africa (January 6-12 in Cairo, Egypt): Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Ghana, Tunisia.
- Asia (January 7-12 in Jiangmen, China): Australia, China, Chinese Taipei, India, Iran, Kazakhstan, Korea, Qatar.
- South America (January 10-12 in Santiago, Chile): Chile, Colombia, Peru, Venezuela.
- NORCECA (January 10-12 in Vancouver, Canada): Canada, Cuba, Mexico, Puerto Rico.
The winners of the January tournaments will join the men's teams of Brazil, USA, Italy, Poland, Russia and Argentina, and the women's teams of Serbia, China, USA, Brazil, Russia and Italy to complete the 12-team lineup of Tokyo 2020.
These advanced through intercontinental Tokyo Volleyball Qualification tournaments last August.
Japan, as hosts, had already been guaranteed tickets for their men's and women's teams by default.
The Olympic volleyball tournaments at Tokyo 2020 will begin with men's pool play on July 25, one day after the Opening Ceremony, and culminate with the women's final August 9, just prior to the Closing Ceremony.
All matches will be played at the newly constructed Ariake Arena in the Japanese capital.
Men's Tokyo Volleyball Qualification – Final results and standings
Serbia, Italy complete Tokyo 2020 puzzle
Quick links - Volleyball: