Jiangmen, China, June 13, 2019 – Reigning champs USA and vice-champions Turkey claimed victories on the final day of action in Jiangmen in 2019 women's FIVB Volleyball Nations League week 4. The North Americans defeated Olympic champions China and Turkey claimed a win against Poland. Click below to visit the relevant match centre pages.Turkey-Poland: Match centreChina-USA: Match centre
Pre-match stats:Turkey – Poland (June 13, 2019)
• Poland have won three of their previous five encounters with Turkey at world level major tournaments (Volleyball Nations League, Olympic Games, World Championship, World Cup, World Grand Prix and Grand Champions Cup).
• Turkey won their most recent world level match against Poland in straight sets, at last year's Volleyball Nations League. Meliha Ismailoglu (Turkey) and Malwina Smarzek (Poland) were the top scorers in that match on 14 points each.
• This is a repeat of the inaugural European Games final in 2015. Turkey claimed the title after a straight sets victory on 27 June 2015.
• Turkey and Poland also met once in a European Championship final. In 2003, Poland claimed their first European Championship title after a win in straight sets.Turkey
• Turkey have won nine of their 11 matches at the 2019 Volleyball Nations League, with the only exception a 3-0 defeat against Japan on 28 May and a 3-0 loss versus China on 12 June.
• Turkey could win at least 10 matches at a major world level tournament for the third time, after the 2018 VNL (13) and the 2012 World Grand Prix (10).
• Turkey could lose successive VNL matches for the second time after 30 to 31 May 2018, when they lost in five sets to Russia and Serbia.
• Ebrar Karakurt (145) is the only player in the Turkish team to reach 100+ points at the 2019 VNL. Karakurt won 15 points in the 3-0 defeat against China, joint-most in that match alongside teammate Meliha Ismailoglu.
• Karakurt (49.79%) has one of the best success rates in spikes at the 2019 VNL.
• Zehra Gunes (24) and Kubra Caliskan (21) have both scored 20+ points from stuff blocks at the 2019 VNL.Poland
• Poland have lost their last two Volleyball Nations League matches, 3-0 against China (11 June) and 3-1 against United States (12 June).
• Poland could lose three successive VNL matches for the second time after four consecutive defeats from 23 to 30 May 2018.
• On 282 points, Malwina Smarzek is top scorer at the 2019 Volleyball Nations League. In the defeat against United States, Smarzek won a team-high 18 points.
• In last year's preliminary round, Smarzek (361) was the only player to win more than 250 points in the VNL.
• Agnieszka Kakolewska (29) has the most points from stuff blocks of all Polish players this VNL season. Last year, Kakolewska won a competition-high 52 points from blocks in the preliminary round.
China – United States (June 13, 2019)
• China - United States will reclaim its throne as the outright most played fixture at major world level tournaments. This will be the 71st instalment. China lead the head-to-head 39-31.
• Earlier this week, on 11 June, Brazil and Japan met for the 70th time at world level major tournaments.
• World level major tournaments are: FIVB Volleyball Nations League, Olympic Games, World Championship, World Cup, World Grand Prix and Grand Champions Cup.
• China won the two most recent meetings between these teams: a 3-0 and a 3-2 victory at the 2018 World Championship in the second round and third round respectively.
• China could beat USA in three successive world level matches for the first time since a four-match winning run from 2006-2007 (2006 World Championship and 2006 and 2007 World Grand Prix).
• Last year, these teams met twice in the Volleyball Nations League. USA won both matches: 3-0 in Week 4 and 3-1 in the semi-finals.China
• China have won their last nine matches at the 2019 Volleyball Nations League, since a 3-1 defeat against Russia in their second match this year. It is the longest current winning run at the VNL.
• China can become the third nation to win at least 10 successive VNL matches, after Italy (12 in a row) and United States (twice, 11 and 10 in a row).
• The last time China had a longer winning run at major world level was from August 2015 to June 2016 (16 consecutive victories at the World Cup and the World Grand Prix).
• Seven of China's last eight VNL matches were straight-set victories, with the exception of a 3-2 win over Italy on 6 June.
• Ting Zhu (91) is China's leading points scorer this VNL campaign, but won only two points as a substitute against Turkey.
• Xiangyu Gong (14) was China's leading scorer against Turkey, after Ting Zhu had finished as top scorer in China's four matches leading up to that match.
• After two consecutive defeats, United States regrouped with a 3-1 win against Poland in the most recent Volleyball Nations League match.
• United States have recorded five defeats in their 30 VNL matches, of which three in their last six games.
• United States have failed to win a set in only one of their 30 VNL fixtures, in a straight-set defeat against Turkey on 11 June 2019.
• Andrea Drews (120) is the only USA player to have scored 100+ points at the 2019 VNL. Drews won a match-high 21 points against Poland.
• Chiaka Ogbogu (18) has won the most points from stuff blocks for United States this campaign, including four against Poland. Last year, only Lauren Gibbemeyer (26) and Rachael Adams (19) had more points from blocks for the team in the preliminary round.Quick links - Volleyball:FIVB.com - Volleyball Nations LeagueFIVB.com - VolleyballFacebookTwitterInstagram