Cannes, France, June 16, 2019 – Argentina claimed back-to-back wins with victory against Germany in Cannes on Sunday.
Argentina – Germany (June 16, 2019)
• Germany (incl. East and West Germany) have won 11 of their 15 major world level meetings with Argentina (FIVB Volleyball Nations League, Olympic Games, World Championship, World Cup, World League and Grand Champions Cup).
• Three of Argentina's four world level victories against Germany came in their last five meetings: three 3-0 wins at the 2014 World League.
• Germany won 3-1 at last year's VNL, their most recent major world level encounter. Simon Hirsch (17) and Moritz Reichert (16) scored the most points that day.
• On Saturday, Argentina beat France 3-1 in Cannes to end a five-match losing streak in the FIVB Volleyball Nations League.
• Argentina could win back-to-back VNL matches for only the second time, after a four-match winning streak from 2018-2019.
• Argentina have now won three matches this VNL campaign and need only one more victory to equal their four victories from 2018.
• Bruno Lima was the match top-scorer in Argentina's win over France on 18 points.
• Santiago Danani is among the best receivers this VNL campaign with an efficiency of 37.57%. He also ranks among the best diggers, averaging 2.67 per set.
• Germany have lost four successive FIVB Volleyball Nations League matches for the first time.
• They have now lost six of their last seven VNL matches, with the exception in this run their 3-2 victory over Serbia on 7 June.
• Daniel Malescha scored a team-high 15 points against USA on Saturday, all from spikes.
• Just like Argentina's Santiago Danani, Julian Zenger is among the best receivers this VNL campaign with an efficiency of 34.39%.
France – United States (June 16, 2019)
• United States lead the head-to-head 20-14 against France at major world level competitions (FIVB Volleyball Nations League, Olympic Games, World Championship, World Cup, World League and Grand Champions Cup).
• France have won four of the last five world level encounters with United States, including each of their last two (both at 2018 VNL).
• France could win three successive world level matches against United States for the first time.
• France defeated United States twice by 3-2 at last year's VNL. USA's Matthew Anderson (23) scored the most points in their preliminary round meeting, while France's Stephen Boyer (31) was top scorer in their semi-final encounter.
• France have won eight of their 10 five-setters against United States at world level.
• On Saturday, France lost 3-1 at home in Cannes to Argentina.
• It marked only their second defeat in 12 home matches in the VNL, the other being their 2-0 loss to Russia in last year's final in Lille.
• France could lose back-to-back VNL matches for the first time.
• Stephen Boyer was France's top scorer in their defeat to Argentina on 13 points. He attempted 23 attacks.
• United States have won their last three FIVB Volleyball Nations League matches, all by a 3-1 scoreline (versus Portugal, Argentina and Germany).
• They have had two longer VNL winning runs of five matches, both during last season.
• USA have already lost four matches in their 2019 VNL campaign. In the whole of the 2018 season, they lost six matches.
• Torey Defalco (75) and Benjamin Patch (74) are USA's top scorers this VNL season in around 30th place on the list of leading scorers.
• Defalco led all players on 18 points in USA's win over Germany on Saturday, while Patch did not play.
Quick links - Volleyball:
FIVB.com - Volleyball Nations League
FIVB.com - Volleyball