United States - Brazil (July 14, 2019)
- United States and Brazil met each other on 76 previous occasions in world level major tournaments. USA won 27 times, Brazil 49.
- World level major tournaments are World Championship, World League, Olympic Games, Grand Champions Cup, World Cup and Volleyball Nations League.
- Brazil (49 wins against USA) are one win shy of becoming the first team to beat another side 50 times in world level major tournaments.
- Brazil and United States played the bronze medal match in the 2018 VNL. USA won 3-0.
- Earlier in the 2019 VNL, Brazil beat United States 3-0 in the preliminary round. This match took place on 31 May, the first day of the 2019 VNL.
- Brazil and United States will meet for the seventh time in the semi-finals of a world level major tournament. Both sides won three times.
- United States secured their semi-final spot in the 2019 Volleyball Nations League by beating France 3-1 and Russia 3-0 in the final round.
- With a win in this match, United States could better their performance from the 2018 VNL, when they lost their semi-final 3-0 against France.
- United States could win their first major world level trophy since lifting the 2015 World Cup. The last time they won a world level tournament on home soil was the gold medal at the Los Angeles 1984 Olympic Games.
- United States have lost each of their last five semi-final matches in world level major tournaments, since a 3-0 win over Iran in the 2014 World League.
- Benjamin Patch is the most efficient attacker in the 2019 VNL, with a 55,95% spike success rate.
- Garrett Muagututia (20.21%) is one of only three players with a receiving efficiency percentage above 20% in the 2019 VNL.
- Brazil reached the semi-finals of the 2019 VNL after two five-set matches, a defeat against Poland and a win against Iran.
- In the 2018 VNL, Brazil also lost their first and won their second final round match. In the semi-finals, Russia proved too strong (3-0).
- Brazil can become the first men's team to have won all major world level competitions at least once, by winning the 2019 Volleyball Nations League.
- Ricardo Lucarelli Souza (55,71%) is the second-most efficient attacker in the 2019 VNL, behind only USA's Benjamin Patch.
- Ricardo Lucarelli Souza has scored 194 points in the 2019 VNL. Until now, three players have crossed the 200-point mark in this year's competition: Iran's Amir Ghafour (249), Japan's Yuji Nishida (219) and Germany's Simon Hirsch (204).
- Only Japan's Yuji Nishida (23) has scored more serve winners in the 2019 VNL than Ricardo Lucarelli Souza (21).
- Thales Hoss has a 28.21% receiving efficiency in the 2019 VNL, almost 6% higher than any other player. Next up is Argentina's Santiago Danani with 22.65%.