Lincoln, United States, June 6, 2019 - Korea are hoping to keep their four-match winning run against Germany, while the United States are aiming back-to-back wins against Brazil in the FIVB Volleyball Nations League.
Germany – Korea (June 6, 2019)
• Republic of Korea are on a four-match winning run against Germany in major world level matches (FIVB Volleyball Nations League, Olympic Games, World Championship, World Cup, World Grand Prix and Grand Champions Cup).
• This four-match winning streak against Germany is Republic of Korea's longest run of victories against them since they won the first 11 encounters from 1972 to 1994.
• Republic of Korea won 3-1 against Germany at the 2018 Volleyball Nations League, with Kim Yeon Koung scoring 31 points, the most points for a Korean player in a match at last year's VNL.
• Germany last beat Republic of Korea at world level at the 2012 World Grand Prix. They won 3-0, conceding only 44 points.
• Germany have two wins and six defeats after eight matches in the 2019 Volleyball Nations League, the same record as they had after eight fixtures in 2018.
• Germany won their ninth match of the 2018 VNL, 3-1 versus Dominican Republic.
• Germany lost the opening set in nine of their last 10 VNL matches. In that run, they only managed to win the first set in their 3-0 win over Russia on 28 May.
• With her 15 points against United States on Wednesday, Nele Barber was Germany's top scorer for the first time in a VNL match.
• Lenka Dürr's 44% efficiency as receiver is the highest of all players in the 2019 VNL. Her 2.22 average as digger is the fourth-highest.
• Louisa Lippmann leads Germany in scoring in the 2019 VNL on 102 points. She did not appear in Germany's 3-0 defeat against United States on Wednesday.
Republic of Korea
• Republic of Korea won only one of their eight matches in the 2019 Volleyball Nations League, 3-0 against Belgium in their fourth match.
• Republic of Korea lost 3-0 against Brazil on Wednesday. They have now suffered 13 straight-set defeats in the VNL, more than any other team in history of the competition (Argentina 12).
• Republic of Korea have lost 16 of their last 18 VNL matches, with the only exceptions in that run the 3-0 win over Belgium on 28 May and a 3-1 victory against Thailand on 5 June 2018.
• Heejin Kim scored four points in Korea's 3-0 loss versus Brazil to bring her total tally in the 2019 VNL to 85. In last year's edition, Kim won a total of 84 points.
• Sohwi Kang (10) was the only Korea player to reach double figures in scoring in their straight-set defeat against Brazil.
• Dayeong Lee is the third best setter in the 2019 Volleyball Nations League, averaging 3.3 per set.
United States – Brazil (June 6, 2019)
• After United States their 3-1 win against Brazil at the 2018 FIVB Volleyball Nations League, USA could now win two matches in a row against Brazil at world level major tournaments for the first time since 3-0 victories in the 2014 World Championship semi-finals and the 2015 World Grand Prix.
• United States could become the second team to beat Brazil twice at the VNL after Germany.
• In total, Brazil have a W31-L24 record against USA at world level major tournaments (FIVB Volleyball Nations League, Olympic Games, World Championship, World Cup, World Grand Prix and Grand Champions Cup).
• Two of these Brazilian victories were in the gold-medal matches at the Olympic Games in 2008 and 2012.
• Jordan Larson (17 for USA) and Ana Carolina Da Silva (15 for Brazil) were their team's top scorers in USA's 3-1 win over Brazil at the 2018 VNL.
• United States beat Germany 3-0 on Wednesday. USA have now won 15 VNL matches in straight sets, at least four more than any other team (China and Turkey 11).
• United States have never lost a VNL match by a 3-0 scoreline. They claimed at least one set in each of their 27 Volleyball Nations League matches.
• United States won 13 of their last 14 VNL matches. In that run, they only lost against Dominican Republic (3-2) on 30 May 2019.
• Kelsey Robinson scored a match-high 18 points against Germany, in what was her first appearance in the 2019 VNL.
• Andrea Drews is USA's top scorer in the 2019 VNL on 82 points. She had 89 points in the preliminary round in last year's VNL.
• Brazil beat Republic of Korea 3-0 on Wednesday. They can now claim back-to-back wins in straight sets in the VNL for the third time, after 3-0 victories against Argentina and Dominican Republic in May 2018, and versus Netherlands and China in the final round in June 2018.
• Four of Brazil's five wins in the 2019 VNL came in straight sets, with the only exception a five-set victory over Netherlands on 28 May.
• Brazil have a W5-L3 record after eight matches in the 2019 Volleyball Nations League. With three defeats, Brazil have already equalled their total tally from last year's league round (W12-L3). They had a W8-L1 record after the first nine matches in last year's VNL.
• Only Italy and Turkey (both 7) have played more five-setters in the VNL than Brazil (6). Turkey (5) are the only team to lose more five-setters in the competition than Brazil (3).
• Gabriela Braga Guimaraes scored 14 points in Brazil's 3-0 win over Korea, at least six more than any other teammate.
• Only Poland's Agnieszka Kakolewska (25) scored more points from stuff blocks in the 2019 VNL than Ana Beatriz Correa (24).
Quick links - Volleyball:FIVB.com - Volleyball Nations LeagueFIVB.com - VolleyballFacebookTwitterInstagram