Lausanne, Switzerland, May 26, 2018 - Thailand host the Dominican Republic Tuesday in Bangkok for the 2018 FIVB Volleyball Nations League, as they attempt to close in on their 2-6 head-to-head record, after having last beaten the Caribbean side in 2014. At the same time the Dominican Republic are looking for their second win of the season, after registering their first last week over Argentina.
• Thailand have a W2-L6 record against the Dominican Republic at world level major tournaments.
• The women's world level major competitions are: the VNL, Olympic Games, World Championships, World Cup, World Grand Prix and Grand Champions Cup.
• Thailand's two wins came at the World Grand Prix in 2012 and 2014. The last match was played in Bangkok.
• The Dominican Republic won the most recent two encounters, both in the 2017 World Grand Prix, including a 3-2 win in Bangkok in the last clash.
• Thailand have won two of their six VNL matches, 3-0 against Argentina on 17 May and 3-2 versus Poland on 24 May.
• Thailand could win consecutive VNL matches for the first time.
• Since the start of 2014, Thailand have won consecutive matches in world level major competitions only once. In 2017, they won their final two matches at the World Grand Prix, 3-0 victories over Turkey and Italy). Both of those fixtures were played in front of a home crowd in Thailand.
• Ajcharaporn Kongyot and Chatchu-On Moksri are Thailand's leading scorers this VNL on 73 points each.
• Pleumjit Thinkaow has scored 0.74 points from blocks per set on average.
• The Dominican Republic have won one of their six VNL matches, 3-0 versus Argentina on 22 May.
• They last won at least two matches at a world level tournament at the World Grand Prix in 2017, when they won four matches, including two against Thailand.
• Brayelin Martinez is the fourth-highest scorer in the 2018 VNL on 107 points.
• Martinez was the Dominican Republic's leading points scorer in five of their six VNL matches. Only versus Belgium on 17 May, Jeoselyna Rodriguez (17) managed to score more points than Martinez (15).
• Martinez has made 2.29 digs on average per match, fourth-most of all players in the VNL.