Lausanne, Switzerland, May 23, 2018 - Argentina are after their first win in the 2018 FIVB Volleyball Nations League Thursday in Ankara against pool hosts Turkey, after they were left the only winless side of the competition. But Turkey have never lost to Argentina in their two previous encounters.
• Turkey won all previous three encounters with Argentina at major world level.
• The women's world level major competitions are: the VNL, Olympic Games, World Championships, World Cup, World Grand Prix and Grand Champions Cup.
• Turkey won 3-0 at the 2003 World Cup, 3-1 at the 2012 World Grand Prix and 3-1 at the 2013 World Grand Prix.
• This will be their first meeting in Turkey at a major world level tournament.
• Turkey have won four of their five VNL matches, with the 3-1 defeat against Brazil on 22 May as the only exception.
• On 23 May, Turkey beat the Dominican Republic 3-1 in Ankara. Turkey could now win back-to-back major world level fixtures played on home soil for the first time since August 2014 (World Grand Prix).
• Eda Erdem Dundar (62), Meryem Boz (55), Zehra Gunes (55) and Seyma Ercan (54) have all scored more than 50 Nations League points for Turkey.
• On 23 May against the Dominican Republic (3-1 win), Ercan scored a team-high 17 points, including 16 spikes.
• Argentina are the only team still without a win at this year's VNL.
• Argentina have lost all their five matches at the 2018 VNL, their last three defeats all came in straight sets.
• At the 2017 World Grand Prix, their last major world level tournament, Argentina lost their opening six matches before recording their first victory (3-1 versus Croatia).
• Three of Argentina's last four major world level victories were recorded on European soil.
• Anahi Florencia Tosi scored 15 points against the Dominican Republic (3-0 loss), joint-most along with opponents Yonkaira Pena and Brayelin Martinez.