Of the five teams at the top of the table, four go head-to-head in what promises to be a thirlling week at the 2018 FIVB Women's Volleyball Nations League.
Lausanne, Switzerland, May 28, 2018 - Table leaders USA travel to Bangkok this week as the 2018 FIVB Women's Volleyball Nations League enters its third week of action with the world's top 16 teams jostling for position to get the first five spots and tickets to the final round from June 27 to July 1 in Nanjing.
Of the other teams standing at 5-1, the Netherlands host Brazil in Apeldoorn and Serbia host Turkey in Kraljevo, so there's exciting stuff happening and something has to give when these sides go head-to-head.These are the pools for this week:
• Pool 9 in Apeldoorn: The Netherlands, Brazil, Korea, Poland.
• Pool 10 in Kraljevo: Serbia, Belgium, Russia, Turkey.
• Pool 11 in Bangkok: Thailand, Dominican Republic, Germany, USA.
• Pool 12 in Hong Kong: China, Argentina, Italy, Japan.
Check out the full schedule of Week 3 here
.And here's what to watch out for Week 3:
• Can USA extend their winning streak (currently at 5 matches - all in straight sets) which has them sitting in first place in the standings?
• Who will suffer their second defeat of the season, when the Netherlands go head-to-head with Brazil in Apeldoorn and Serbia clash with Turkey in the Balkan derby at Kraljevo?
• Will Poland's Malwina Smarzek continue her scoring spree, after twice breaking the 30-point mark in three games of Week 2?
• Can Argentina finally bring in their first win of the season, after losing their first six games?Quick links: FIVB Volleyball Nations LeagueWebsiteWomen's teamsSchedule