Lausanne, Switzerland, June 4, 2018 - Two of the three table leaders go head-to-head as the business end of pool play at the 2018 FIVB Women's VNL gets underway on Tuesday with penultimate Week 4, when USA and Brazil clash at Jiangmen alongside Russia and pool hosts China. Will this play into the hands of Serbia, the third team on a 5-1 record at the top of the standings, who travel to Rotterdam to face the Netherlands, Italy and the Dominican Republic?These are the pools for this week:
• Pool 13 in Rotterdam: Netherlands, Serbia, Italy, Dominican Republic.
• Pool 14 in Jiangmen: China, USA, Russia, Brazil.
• Pool 15 in Nakhon Ratchasima: Thailand, Turkey, Japan, Korea.
• Pool 16 in Bydgoszcz: Poland, Belgium, Germany, Argentina.
Check out the full schedule of Week 3 here
.And here's what to watch out for Week 3:
• Will it be USA or Brazil at the top of the standings after the two go head-to-head in Jiangmen?
• Can reigning Rio 2016 Olympic champions China challenge the other superpowers they host this week in Jiangmen?
• Can Turkey rebound in Nakhon Ratchasima to take advantage of any missteps from Russia in Jiangmen, as the race for tickets to the Final Six heats up?
• Can USA break their own 37-year-old record of seven consecutive straight-set victories at world competitions (standing since the 1978 FIVB Volleyball World Championship / 1981 FIVB Volleyball World Cup)?Quick links: FIVB Volleyball Nations LeagueWebsiteWomen's teamsSchedule