The United States host Brazil, Germany and Korea in Lincoln
Lincoln, United States, June 3, 2019 – Brazil are aiming to win their fifth match, while the United States are looking to keep their winning streak over Korea in their respective encounters in the FIVB Volleyball Nations League.Brazil – Germany (June 4, 2019)
• Germany came from behind to beat Brazil 3-1 in last year's FIVB Volleyball Nations League, ending a 15-match losing streak against the South Americans in world level major competition (FIVB Volleyball Nations League, Olympic Games, World Championship, World Cup, World Grand Prix and Grand Champions Cup). Maren Fromm scored a match-high 19 points for Germany.
• These nations most recently met at world level on 7 October 2018, when Germany came from two sets down to beat Brazil 3-2 in the second round of the 2018 World Championship.
• Germany could win three consecutive world level major tournament matches against Brazil for the first time since a run of four in a row at the 2002 World Grand Prix.Brazil
• Brazil have a W4-L2 record after six matches in the 2019 Volleyball Nations League. They lost three matches in the entire round robin phase of the 2018 VNL.
• Brazil had a W8-L1 record after the first nine matches in last year's VNL.
• Brazil can claim back-to-back wins in straight sets in the VNL for the third time, after 3-0 victories against Argentina and Dominican Republic in May 2018, and versus Netherlands and China in the final round in June 2018.
• Gabriela Braga Guimaraes is Brazil's top scorer in the 2019 VNL on 100 points, already more than twice as much as she scored in last year's VNL preliminary round (41).Germany
• Germany have one win and five defeats after six matches in the 2019 Volleyball Nations League, the same record as they had after six matches in 2018, when their only win was 3-1 against Brazil.
• Germany won two of their three fixtures in week three of the 2018 VNL.
• Germany could suffer three defeats in a row in straight sets at a single world level tournament for the first time since the 2016 World Grand Prix.
• Louisa Lippmann leads Germany in scoring in the 2019 VNL on 72 points.
• Lenka Dürr's 39.8% efficiency as receiver is the highest of all players in the 2019 VNL. Her 2.42 average as digger is the second-highest.United States – Korea (June 4, 2019)
• United States are on an 11-match winning streak against Republic of Korea at major world level (FIVB Volleyball Nations League, Olympic Games, World Championship, World Cup, World Grand Prix and Grand Champions Cup), since a 3-2 defeat at the 2005 World Grand Prix.
• United States lost only three sets in that 11-match winning run.
• Their most recent major encounter came at the 2018 World Championship, where United States won 3-1 in the first round.
• At last year's FIVB Volleyball Nations League, United States defeated Republic of Korea in straight sets in the preliminary round.United States
• United States suffered their first loss in the 2019 Volleyball Nations League in a 3-2 defeat against Dominican Republic on the previous matchday.
• USA are the 2018 VNL champions and they could now lose back-to-back matches in the VNL for the first time. They only lost two matches in total in the 2018 VNL.
• USA lost the first set to Dominican Republic 10-25. It was only the second time in the current scoring system that USA scored at most 10 points in one of the first four sets in a match at world level.
• Andrea Drews is USA's top scorer in the 2019 VNL on 72 points. She had 89 points in the preliminary round in last year's VNL.Republic of Korea
• Republic of Korea have a W1-L5 record after six matches in the 2019 VNL. They had four wins and two losses after six matches in last year's VNL.
• Republic of Korea have won three of their last 21 matches at world level, following a run of four consecutive victories in the VNL in May 2018.
• Heejin Kim leads Republic of Korea in scoring in the 2019 VNL on 67 points.
• Of all players in the 2019 VNL, Dayeong Lee is the second best setter at an average of 3.9 per set.Quick links - Volleyball:FIVB.com - Volleyball Nations LeagueFIVB.com - VolleyballFacebookTwitterInstagram